Descripción en inglés ofrecidapor la editorial (Cambridge University Press):
This introduction to the sounds of Japanese is designed for English-speaking students with no prior knowledge of the language, and includes an audio CD which demonstrates the sounds and pronunciation described. It will be an invaluable resource for students of Japanese wishing to improve their pronunciation, as well as those studying Japanese linguistics.
• Explains how speech sounds are produced in Japanese (articulatory phonetics), and the system of sounds in Japanese (phonology).
• Covers a range of topics including vowels, consonants, syllables, accents, intonations, and phonemics.
• Gives clear comparisons with English, and provides practical advice on pronunciation.
• Provides a wealth of authentic Japanese examples.
• Each chapter contains exercises to help students put their knowledge into practice.